At Techumen we are expert at helping shape the desired goals and direction for information security at any Health system. These might include:
- A robust governance structure that fuels co-operation with clinical and compliance staff.
- An optimization of the security budget.
- Effective management of risks stemming from information delivery and use.
- Provision of security services that contribute to more effective clinical workflows and those that can improve patient safety. (This is a thorough analysis of the technical and process control options and, balanced by a detailed analysis of long-run costs).
As such, our approach usually begins with a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment. This initial assessment serves as a basis and perspective for improvements that can be made system-wide.
Specific items that we can help develop within an information technology/security context can include:
- Superior incident response in the event of a breach.
- Identity and Access Management to help streamline clinical workflows and reduce clinical staff burdens.
- Training and awareness programs to help employees understand the importance of patient privacy and train on the proper use of information tools and services.
- Efficient business continuity and disaster recovery efforts.